A Better Me
Looking back on the life she has led, typical married woman comes across crossroads, where she does not have an inkling of what to do next. This simple question puts in a contemplatory mood. Having achieved her goals, fulfilling her dreams, life comes to a standstill looking endless and boring.
So the million dollar question is what she has achieved so far. Success in life cannot be measured in terms of wealth or a bigger house. Reflecting on these, she can conclude one thing, that life can only be made better by becoming a better me.
1) Instead of always thinking what you want, start thinking of other’s needs. It can either be your family, friend or a total stranger. You would always need another dress, shoes or another irresistibly cute handbag. Not only providing monetary helps but spending your precious time with kids in an orphanage can bring a glow to your inner self. Genuine generosity is when you help people by cutting into your own needs and not what you have in excess.
2) Stop doubting yourself. Stop thinking of others opinion on how you live your life. You are what you are and not an illusion of how you are. Having confidence in yourself and doing things to your liking brings immense satisfaction. Remember that an uncritisized life is not worth living.
3) One common trait which women have is losing our temper due to less tolerance. Channeling this excess energy into something constructive will bring us peace.
4) Self –pity is one weakness which creeps upon us and we succumb to it rather easily. Start taking charge of your actions and eventually your life. This positive feeling encourages us to be a better mom, daughter, wife and also a better self as a whole.
5) As you grow older, you become fixed in your views and habits. There has to be an open minded attitude and you should gracefully start accepting change in the world around us and adapt accordingly.
6) Religion is the stabilizing factor in any person’s life. All religion propagates the same virtues and values of life. Following one’s own religion diligently makes you conscientious person.
Taking the first step is difficult, but embarking on a journey of self-discovery, we women can recognize the chinks in our armor. We become a stronger person by being honest with ourselves, knowing our weakness and strength will pave way for a better person. All it needs is to start inspiring change and it will happen.