IF LOOKS COULD KILL
Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder; an old and comforting adage to the people who just have not the time to look at themselves in the mirror. Life offers too short a time for woman to be naturally beautiful. Only a few of us are blessed with genes for a good figure and a younger looking skin. Personal grooming highlights your best features like doe eyes and long legs and takes the attention away from your flaws such as flab around your waist. Grooming does not mean looking perfect or beautiful; it just emphasizes your personal style and good sense of fashion. There is no magic wand which can transform you into an elegant princess in a jiffy but there are some easy and simple steps which you can imbibe into your daily routine.
- To have a glowing skin is every woman’s dream. Always stick to the CTM routine i.e., cleansing, toning and moisturizing. It takes all of 10 minutes to do it every night. We woman do have to wait till we cross 30 to start this. The earlier the better to start caring for your skin. There is no need to use heavy make up every time you attend a party. A fine line of skillfully applied kajal, a dash of lipsticks and a good natural compact powder gives you a simple and stunning effect. Removal of makeup is usually ignored and affects the skin badly in the long run.
- Hair – our crowning glory is the easiest way to make a style statement having it at mid length makes it effortless to maintain. Coloring, highlighting and having regular haircuts makes it easier to manage and just a few brush strokes will give you a groomed look.
- Hair removal of underarms and body and legs is an important part of grooming and is often neglected. As well as promoting hygiene gives you a polished look. Having regular pedicure and manicure is a must. Doing it at home regularly is worth the effort. Soaking up your hand and feet in warm water for 10 minutes followed by cleansing and moisturizing gives a supple feel to your limbs.
- Having that mysterious whiff of perfume associated with you gives you a high. So never forget your daily dose of deo or perfume as it is the easiest of grooming routines to follow.
- Making your own statement with clothes will define the real you. There is no compulsion to follow the current fashion trends either Indian or western. Just learn to be yourself simple comfortable and at the same time stylish. Adding small accessories like a brooch, bracelet or a dangler can enhance a particular costume. Experimenting with different kinds of looks makes your understanding your own self better and you learn to have your own unique brand of style.
- Shoes or sandals are the most understated part of your wardrobe which many people seem to ignore as they fail to understand how it emphasizes the completeness of the costume. Investing in a good pair of footwear for daily use is a must.
The hardest part is to change the mindset of Indian women. The purpose of grooming is to boost the morale and self confidence in ourselves and not to impress the male counterparts. Once you are comfortable in your own skin adulation follows automatically. So have faith in yourself and with a little effort cultivate the looks to kill.