Cleanliness Begins At Home But Need Not End There
When the Municipal Corporation of our sector decided to launch the Green Bin , Blue Bin program they first approached the Women’s Association of the Western Extension. The association reached out to all the women in that area and together they were successful in not only effective garbage segregation and disposal but also went a step ahead in making all the streets of their extension completely litter free. This laudable feat makes one realize
When women take an initiative and put in effort they play a major role in ‘Success Of a Cause”.
Cleaning the house is one of the most taxing and least favorite chore for most women whether they are doing it themselves or monitoring a maid. Yet, it is a part of their daily routine as what they dislike more is an unkempt and dirty home. When the results of their hard work are seen in the form of sparkling floors, clean bathrooms, dust free furniture they derive a sense of satisfaction and yes, all hell breaks loose in case a family member dirties the floor or stains the furniture. What follows is a drilling session after which all family members are convinced(or even forced) to stick to cleanliness rules.
Thus when a woman can successfully create a clean home by ensuring joint cooperation and effort she can do wonders if she replicates the same attitude towards her surroundings.
These wonders can be created with small steps such as
- Your street or pavement is not a Dumping Place for your household waste. When frantic calls can be made when the maid is missing in action the same can be to respective authority or association for garbage removal.
- Re-use and Re-cycle as much as possible to Reduce household waste.
- Likewise the street or pavement is not a Free Space for your pet to free itself. Either the pet should be trained or be responsible to clean the mess.
- When wrappers, waste paper and empty bottles have their place in the dust bin at our homes why not follow the same practice outside on roads, in parks, public transport, tourist spots and places of worship as afterall Cleanliness Is next To Godliness.
- Take your little one to the bathroom before going to park or beach in order to avoid emergency situation.
- Just like how we take care not to dirty walls or damage things in our home the same care should be displayed towards public property.
These are a just a few suggestions and since tiny drops make an ocean any other little measures taken by you is a step in the right direction which will have a big impact in the long run.
Finally the most important thing is that when we women follow these it automatically creates a ripple effect starting from our children, family, neighbors, friends and relatives. The message not only gets passed on but also slowly and steadily translates into actions.
When our Prime Minister Mr. Modi launched ‘Swachh Bharat’ campaign he clearly emphasized that it is not the responsibility of any single entity but a collective one and for this the mindset of people should change.
We women can be effective trendsetters to make this happen.
If our home is our living space our surrounding is our moving space so its cleanliness is equally important. So one should always remember “Cleanliness begins at home but need not end there.”
Athenastake is continuing in motivating all of you to make small changes to create bigger impacts. Certain changes which are good for our country, society and some for us. To read more on motivation in our topic of the week ” we motivate, you initiate” try If looks could kill, Art straight from the heart and Cooking up a storm.