Zip It Or We Shall Cut It
This is just one case that has caught the eye of the media, wonder how many such rape victims are there just hoping that the ones who ruined their lives just get punished. Talking of punishment, what sort of a punishment you think would fit the crime.
She is only raped she is not killed then why should we dish out the death sentence. I have heard some men brag that what’s the point in keeping these cheapsters in jail and feed them from our hard earned tax money. Seven years in jail is a lot of time for themselves to mend their ways.
Well, the situation is that men are not scared of the punishment. It’s JUST rape. They talk as if it’s just sex and not a heinous crime. The punishment has to be enough to stop the crime. It’s not about vengeance; it’s about creating a fear in the minds of anybody and everybody.
RAPE = SEVEN YEARS IMPRISONMENT( WHICH IS JUST NOT ENOUGH)
As I set out to look out for the best punishments there was a lot to read and learn. Each religion has a take on it and then there are so many countries where various punishments are being practiced.
- An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth: – This has been the way a lot of punishments are being dished out. And hence, rape which cause cervical and emotional damage is on one side of the coin, the other side should be castration and public humiliation.
- Cast out in the literal sense: – In a certain part of the world, a man who has raped someone bears the burden of being an outcast. There is no where that he is welcome. He cannot work anywhere, cannot own anything and worst of all no relatives keep in touch with him.
- Bear the mark of a rapist: – One who commits a rape, his fingers are chopped off. Not all of them but two fingers on each hand. This way anyone who sees him knows that he raped someone and hence there is no way that he can lead a normal life ever again.
- Stoned to death: – A slow yet extremely painful way of killing someone is for them to be stoned to death. People are a creation of the almighty. Whether it’s a male or a female no one has the right to defile the other person. One who commits this ghastly crime should be stoned to death.
- Hanging or the electric chair: – The body is the temple of the God. Look into any religion and you will find these words. This is the main reason why cleanliness is a must in any religion. The thoughts which are lustful itself are enough to pollute this sanctity. If a man rapes a person he is defiling the temple of the God. When this happens it’s a brutal murder of innocence, of trust, of faith, of religion and of life. The only punishment that can create fear would be publicly hanging the rapist.
It’s not about reducing the occurrence of rape. It’s about trying to put a stop to it. If the punishment is strong enough it will surely make a rapist stop and think twice before even attempting this crime. If a huge financial penalty can cause people to stop pissing on the roads, then the fear that “WE SHALL CUT IT UNLESS YOU ZIP IT” should help us women by keeping us safer.